Government of Gujarat taking major steps to ensure public welfare in the state. Today we are going to talk about the recently launched welfare scheme in which only Construction workers and their families will be benefited. The chief minister of Gujarat Shri Bhupendra Patel launched the Shramik Annapurna yojana for the construction workers in the state. This scheme will ensure the availability of food for construction workers. To know about the Shramik Annapurna yojana‘s objective, benefits, and Beneficiary details please read the article till the end.
What is Gujarat Shramik Annapurna Yojana
Gujarat Shramik Annapurna yojana was launched by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in July 2017 to provide a fulfilling meal once a day For only Rs. 10, but this scheme was stopped due to the COVID impact in the country. Hence present chief minister of Gujarat Shri Bhupendra Patel launched a new version of the Shramik Annapurna yojana, in which all the construction workers will get a meal once a day at a nominal price of only Rs. 5 instead of 10 rupees. In the Shramik Annapurna yojana families of workers will also be included and they will also be provided with Rs. 5 per meal. This meal will be composed of nutritious food and with proper Hygiene.
Key Highlights of Gujarat Shramik Annapurna Yojana 2022
|Scheme Name||Gujarat Shramik Annapurna Yojana 2022|
|Launched By||Bhupendra patel|
|Food Price||5 rupees per plate|
The objective of Gujarat Shramik Annapurna Yojana 2022
- Giving nutrient and protein-rich meals to poor construction workers at a very low price of Rs. 5.
- Families of construction workers will also be included under this scheme. Hence a family of 5 members will get a full meal at only Rs. 25.
- Previously there were only 119 centers available for food distribution but with the new scheme, there will be 140 centers for food distribution.
- Giving proper food security to the poor construction workers.
Benefits of Gujarat Shramik Annapurna Yojana 2022
- Overall 10 lakh workers and their families will be benefited from this scheme by giving them nutritional food at only 5 rupees.
- One-time protein-included food will be given to construction workers and their families at the food stall center.
- Construction workers will get food from the Food stall center by showing them e-Nirman cards.
- e-Nirman cards will also apply to the families of the worker.
- Those workers who don’t have e-Nirman cards can apply for e-Nirman cards through this link.
- By showing a registration slip, workers will be able to get food for 15 days.
- The food stall center will be set up where a minimum of 50 workers are working together.
Gujarat Shramik Annapurna Yojana 2022: Eligibility
- To get benefited under the Shramik Annapurna Yojana, workers must have an e-Nirman card.
- Residents of Gujarat state will only get benefits under this scheme.
- Families of the Gujarat State will also get benefits under the Shramik Annapurna Yojana.
Gujarat Shramik Annapurna yojana 2022: Nutrient Rich meal will be given for Only Five rupees
This scheme Was launched in 2017, in which food was given at 10 Rupees but this scheme was closed due to the coronavirus impact in the country. Hence this year the scheme was revived with some modifications. Now food will be given at only 5 rupees instead of 10 rupees. The meal menu has also been changed, which will give varieties of food in a week. This scheme will give Lentil, rice, pieces of bread, salad, mix-veg, etc. At only a nominal cost of 5 Rupees.
Gujrat Shramik Annapurna yojana 2022: food will be distributed at 140 centers.
Previously, there were only 119 food stalls to distribute food to workers but with the new version, 21 new food stall centers have been added to the scheme. A food distribution center will be installed where minimum workers are working on a site. This will help them to reduce travel costs.
What is an E-nirman card?
E- Nirman card was made for only unorganized sector workers. Through this card, workers will be able to get food and other services and schemes for their welfare. For the process of applying for this card please follow the below steps-
How to apply for an E-Nirman card?
- Go to the Official website of the e-Nirman card
- Click on the register yourself
- Enter your full name
- Enter aadhar card details
- Enter date of birth
- Enter your mobile number
- And make your password
- Now click on the register button
After verifying your details, your card will be available to download and will be despatched to your address after 15 days.
What is the Gujarat Shramik Annapurna yojana?
This scheme was revived by Chief Minister Shri Bhupendra Patel. The scheme is dedicated to construction workers, under this scheme the workers will be able to get nutritious meals for only 5 rupees.
How to get food through Gujarat Shramik Annapurna Yojana?
Under this scheme, food stall centers will be at several places in the state, Where workers can show their E-Nirman card and get food at a very low price.
Will families of workers also be included under the Shramik Annapurna yojana?
Yes, families of workers will also be benefited from this scheme and they will also get food at Rs. 5 per person. Hence a family of 5 members will get a one-time meal at only 25 rupees.
How many food stall centers will be set- up under the Shramik Annapurna Yojana?
There were only 119 food stall centers set up under this scheme but this year 20 more food stall centers have been established under this scheme. These centers will be set up where a group of 50 workers is working together.