LiFE mission 2022
The Gujarat government is taking major steps for better climate change adaptation and the environment. In November 2021, Prime minister Modi talked about the policy of Lifestyle for the environment (LiFE) during Climate change conference COP26, which was organized in Glasgow, Scotland. Today we are going to talk about the recently launched LiFE mission which is launched on 20 October 2022 from Gujarat By Prime minister Narendra Modi in the presence of United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
What is LiFE Mission?
Our world is changing rapidly day by day but this change is not in favor of human life because of climate Change. The Prime minister Launched the Mission LiFE which means Lifestyle for the Environment. This mission was launched for achieving the United nation sustainable Goals till 2030, LiFe mission will enable collective participation in achieving SDG goals with mindful and deliberate utilization. And we can join LiFE Mission with these five steps-
- Save energy and limit food wastage
- Take a step
- Make a choice
- To switch on LiFE, just switch off
- To Spread the word, to spread the movement
We will briefly tell you about these five steps related to LiFE Mission in this article.
LiFE Mission 2022: Five Steps to join the movement
- Save energy and limit food wastage: agriculture is the main resource for human life, and sustainable agriculture will increase productivity and food nutrients. Millets are becoming a superfood for people, they are composed of various nutrients and give better health to humans. Hence to ensure productivity in agriculture we will have to limit our food wastage and climate change.
- Take a step: for protecting our environment several organizations and companies promote EVs for their employees and the Government of India is taking steps with the FAME scheme. Bicycles are the most environmentally friendly vehicle which doesn’t require any type of carbon fuel.
- Make a Choice: people are buying properties in the cities and they have to ask and choose water harvesting areas and solar panels for their properties. LEDs and E-bikes are becoming common these days which is wonderful.
- To switch on LiFe, just switch off: to reduce energy consumption and resources we should switch off the lights, water taps, gas stoves, and electric equipment whenever they are not in use.
- To Spread the word, to spread the movement: to ensure mass participation in the LiFE mission, we will have to spread the objective of the LiFE mission and spread awareness in public areas.
The objective of LiFE Mission 2022
Prime Minister Narendra Modi talked about the Life mission at the conference of Parties (COP26), Which was organized in Glasgow, Scotland. The main objective of LiFE Mission is to attract mass participation of the people, States, towns, countries, and organizations to complete the United Nations’ sustainable Goals by 2030. India is the first Country to include LiFE Mission in its Nationally Determined Contributions to tell the world that we will not complete our goals with words but with Work. India has pledged to act together for the LiFE Mission
All the countries of the world are excited to join LiFE mission, countries like France, Argentina, Guyana, Madagascar, Maldives, Nepal, and the United Kingdom, etc. All these countries have given congratulations to Prime minister Narendra Modi to start this mission and they all are excited to introduce LiFE mission in their country and ensure that they will provide mass participation in completing the SDG goals. And all these countries promised to invite more countries to the upcoming Conference of Parties (COP27) meeting in Egypt.
What are United Nations Sustainable Development Goals?
Sustainable Goals were adopted on 25 November 2015 by the counties to end poverty, protect the environment and ensure the development agenda within the next 15 years. There is a total of 17 goals with 169 subjects to be achieved by 2030. These goals are as follows:
Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improve nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
Goal 7. Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and Modern energy for all
Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth for all
Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries.
Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, and sustainable.
Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact.
Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas, and marine resources for sustainable development.
Goal 15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, reserve land degradation, and halt biodiversity loss.
Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all, and build effective, accountable, and inclusive institutions at all levels.
Goal 17. Strengthen the Means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership of sustainable development.
A glimpse of LiFE mission
- All of us individuals and communities can and must be part of the solution of protecting our planet and our collective future.
- Our Consumption is the root of the triple planetary emergency of climate change, biodiversity loss, and pollution. We are using the equivalent of 1.6 planet earth to maintain our lifestyle.
- The combined greenhouse gases emission of the richest 1% are more than twice the poorest 50 percent.
- By saving energy and reducing pollution & waste. We will be able to reduce our environmental footprints under the LiFE Mission
- We also need to be speaking up and demanding that leaders support Clean green lifestyles and ambitious climate action.
LiFE Mission 2022: India is taking major steps toward the ambitious Climate
India is going to take the presidency of the G20 Summit in 2023. The G20 accounts for 80% of global greenhouse gas emissions but also represents 80% of global GDP. Thus developed countries must invest in green fuel to promote a sustainable life and environment.
India is heading the international solar alliance which has the target of conserving 30% of the world’s ecosystems. Major countries are joining the International solar alliance to support solar power.
FAQs Realted to LiFE Mission 2022
What is LiFE Mission?
LiFE is an initiative for the mass participation of individuals and communities to achieve the United Nations Sustainable development Goals and promote the environment, and counter climate change.
when was LiFE mission Launched?
LiFE mission was launched on 20 October 2022 by prime minister Narendra Modi and in presence of United Nations secretary-general Antonio Guterres
where will COP 27 be organized?
the 2022 COP 27 will be organized in Egypt, in this conference, the objective LiFE mission will be discussed.