how to register for free electricity in Karnataka | register for free electricity in karnataka
As we know the Congress party Had Promised 5 Guarantee Schemes in the Karnataka 2023 State Assembly Election. After winning the election in Karnataka Congress Chief Minister SiddaRamaiah has Launched All 5 schemes in the State. Today we are going to Talk about the Karnataka Griha Jyoti Yojana, Under which the Karnataka Government is Bound to Provide 200 units of Electricity free of Cost. Read this Full article to learn more about How to Register for Free Electricity in Karnataka 2023 and Griha Jyoti Yojana Eligibility Criteria.
How to Register for Free Electricity in Karnataka 2023
Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri SiddhaRamaiya has Launched the Gruha Jyoti Yojana for all the Families of the State except those who pay Taxes and Are GST Registered. Under this Scheme free Electricity up to a Maximum of 200 units per Household in One month. Griha Jyoti Yojana will be Started in August month but it will come into effect from 01 July 2023, That means Beneficiaries under this Scheme will not have to pay electricity bills in August Month.
Griha Jyoti Scheme aims at Preventing the misuse of the Electricity by Averaging the total electricity consumed in the Last 12 months, 10% electricity will be Given Additionally free of cost.
Karnataka Griha Jyoti Yojana Objectives
- To Provide Free Electricity up to a Maximum of 200 units per Household per Month.
- To Prevent misuse of the Electricity in the State.
- To Empower Farmers and Tenants of the State by Providing them Free Electricity.
|Scheme Name||Gruha Jyoti Yojana|
|Launched By||CM SiddaRamaiah|
|Category||Karnataka Government Schemes|
|Registration Start||18 June 2023|
|Electricity Consumption||200 Units|
Karnataka Griha Jyoti Yojana Eligibility
- Beneficiaries must be permanent residents of the Karnataka State.
- All the Household and Tenants will be Covered under this Scheme.
- All the New Household and Tenants will also Covered under this Scheme.
- VTax payers and GST-registered candidates will not be covered under this Scheme.
- Only a maximum of 200 units will be provided to Beneficiaries, if Electricity consumption exceeds 200 units then the person will have to pay Full amount of the Bill as per rate in the State.
- Payment of Old Electricity Bill will be Required to get Benefits.
- Tenants can get Benefits by providing a Copy of Contract letter and Voter ID Card.
- Aadhar is Required for Griha Jyoti Yojana Application form.
Karnataka Griha Jyoti Yojana Documents Required
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Electricity bill copy
- Electricity Connection
- Mobile Number
how to register for free electricity in karnataka
Desired Candidates Can apply for Gruha Jyoti Yojana by using offline mode and Online Mode. Candidates Performing Offline mode will have to Visit the Grama One, Karnataka One Centres. Those Candidates who want to Apply Online will have to follow the Guidelines Given Below:
- Candidates will Have to Visit the Official Website of the Seva Sindhu Portal.
- They will have to Register first on the Portal by using the Registration Link.
- After Successful Registration, Candidates will have to select The Griha Jyoti Yojana from the list of Services available on the Screen.
- Provide all the Necessary Details Like Name, Address and Bil information.
- Upload all the Related Documents on the Portal and Click Submit.
- After Successful Submission of the Form, Verification will be Performed by the Official.
- If candidates fall in the Eligibility Criteria, Free Electricity will given from 01 July 2023.
What is Karnataka Griha Jyoti Yojana?
Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri SiddhaRamaiya has Launched the Gruha Jyoti Yojana for all the Families of the State except those who pay Taxes and Are GST Registered. Under this Scheme free Electricity up to a Maximum of 200 units per Household in One month.